Skip to main content

Actaeon retro travel poster


In a group we created the concept for our planet we 
would promote space tourism for. we decided we would create our own imaginary planet which we would name after a mythical god and it would be purple. After some research we named the planet Actaeon after the Greek god/ hero. 


This is the poster I created on Adobe Illustrator to promote space tourism to Actaeon. I based the design on a magazine cover from my secondary research on 60s space posters.                                    
I used solid colours rather than gradients and used a calligraphy style outline around the purple land shape to mimic the pen style used on the 60s cover art. I used the paintbrush tool to draw the rivers connecting the lake and the sea. I added bulges to the top of the land with the pen tool to resemble huge mountains. I added black shadows to them to create more depth. For the atmosphere Used the pen tool to draw a flowing white cloud on the layer behind the planet and i added wiggly white lines across the planet for small clouds. I used a paint splash texture line to create masses of stars in the background. I downloaded the Actaeon font from a website with a range of 60s style fonts. I then covered this with a layer with a speckled texture on it. I used the transparent, multiply option to add this to my poster so that it looks like an authentic 60s space poster. 
Later I thought up the phrase "purple paradise" which i added on along with a retro space ship.

Comments

Post a Comment