Skip to main content

Actaeon Landscape Poster


Finished Poster

Design Sketch

I decided to draw out a sketch for what I imagined Actaeon's surface would look like. We had decided in the group that the majority of the planet would be natural as it represents an image of paradise. However, as we are promoting tourism to the planet tourists would need somewhere to stay and spacecraft would need somewhere to land to take them there. This is what inspired the design of the building in the original sketch. The building is very space age, in a retro futuristic style. It is built into a rocky mountainside with a waterfall running from it into a nearby river that winds around the side. There is a landing pad on the roof of the cylindrical main building for the spacecraft to land on (this suggests very advanced, precise technology) and a thin tower beside it connected with roofed bridges. The tower has a satellite disk on the top for the purpose of communication technologies.
The landscape is very rocky, similar to the landscape of the Forbidden Planet poster below but with more trees which i designed in the shape of fir trees but with pointed leaves like palm trees.


The poster I created was based on the sketch as I wanted to promote the beauty of the surface and the luxury of the buildings there. I think I was successful in making it look inviting  and the simplistic style conveys the idea of paradise as well as the retro look which I based it on. However if I spent more time on it I would have added more detail to the landscape, with more trees and undergrowth occupying the space.








Comments