Skip to main content

Low Poly Art

























I learnt the technique to create low poly images on photoshop. First I saved an image of a desert  landscape, imported it to photoshop and added a gradient map over it so it looked like it belonged on our planet, Actaeon. Then I used The polygonal lasso tool to draw a polygon (usually a triangle) over the top of the image. I then clicked on filter, went to blur and used the average option to make the area inside the selected polygon a flat colour based on the average of all the colours in it.


I repeated this method across the entire image to create the low poly art.

I think I was successful with this technique as my image has a lot of depth and contrast to it. The averaged out colours in the polygonal style help create a stylistic piece of art but also a realistic range of light and shadowy colours giving it a lot of depth and perspective.

Comments