Skip to main content

Animal Inhabitant Sketches


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are two of the original photos we took at Sutton park to add to our collection of footage for our film which we later manipulated in photoshop to look more like an alien planet. We added a gradient map which made the sky orange and the rest a variety of shades of purple.

Low Poly Art

  I learnt the technique to create low poly images on photoshop. First I saved an image of a desert  landscape, imported it to photoshop and added a gradient map over it so it looked like it belonged on our planet, Actaeon. Then I used The polygonal lasso tool to draw a polygon (usually a triangle) over the top of the image. I then clicked on filter, went to blur and used the average option to make the area inside the selected polygon a flat colour based on the average of all the colours in it. I repeated this method across the entire image to create the low poly art. I think I was successful with this technique as my image has a lot of depth and contrast to it. The averaged out colours in the polygonal style help create a stylistic piece of art but also a realistic range of light and shadowy colours giving it a lot of depth and perspective.